ROUTINE CARE INSTRUCTIONS For Somerset's Ultimate™ Finish
- Sweep, vacuum, or dust mop your hardwood floor on a regular basis just as you would any floor covering.
- Use only vacuum cleaners and/or settings suitable for hardwood flooring. "Beater bars" that agitate carpet fiber can damage hardwood flooring. Removing loose particulate matter is the best preventative maintenance for a hardwood floor.
- The single biggest mistake in hardwood flooring maintenance, is letting the applicator (mop head) become too dirty, beyond which dirt is merely spread around.
- Clean up spills first with an absorbent towel, paper towel, etc. as soon as they are discovered. Then clean as necessary with Somerset’s Ultimate™ Wood Floor Cleaner, which is specially formulated for the Ultimate finish. This product should also be used for general cleaning, as needed.
- Maintain a relative humidity (RH) between 30-50% and a temperature range between 60-80f to avoid problems like splits/cracks, cupping, gapping, etc...
Somerset's Specially Formulated Care Products
We recommend using Somerset Floor Care Products to maintain the beauty of your floor. Somerset’s Ultimate™ Wood Floor Cleaner has been developed to protect and maintain the Ultimate™ finish. This cleaner has been specially formulated for the easy cleaning and care of looring in Somerset’s Color, High Gloss, Homestyle, Character, Specialty, Classic Character, Traditional, WidePlank, Handcrafted, and Classic Collections.
The use of other products not formulated for your Somerset floor may damage your floor, and void the warranty (see Somerset’s Limited Warranty for details).
What NOT to use on your new Somerset floor: excess water, vinyl or tile care products, acrylic wax, polish, renovator, rejuvenator, household wet dusting products, paste wax, oil soaps, furniture polish, vinegar solutions, or steam mops. These may all damage your floor. (see Somerset's Limited Warranty for details).
Minor surface scratches can be repaired using the Somerset Touch-Up Kit designed for your floor color. Touch-Up Kits are available from the dealer or installer from whom you purchased your Somerset floor, or directly from Somerset Hardwood Flooring
Floors that have been damaged from years of wear and tear or neglect can be restored to their original beauty by a professional wood flooring finisher.
If your decorating needs change over the years, your 3/4” solid or 1/2” engineered floor can be refinished to a new color to complement your new decor. Again, we recommend this be done by a professional wood flooring finisher.
Options include a maintenance coat that can be applied to the existing finish as needed, or fully sanding and refinishing the floor. How much work is required depends on the condition of the floor and the owner’s objectives at the time the work is evaluated by a wood flooring professional.
By properly caring for your floor and following basic preventative maintenance tips and common sense, you can keep your floor looking new for years, delaying and possibly eliminating the need for major refinishing or repair.
When you make the decision to purchase Somerset Hardwood Flooring, you are making an investment that will last the lifetime of your home, giving you many years of enjoyment and adding value to your home.